Marc Marquez had a rough weekend at the Italian round of the 2013 MotoGP season, and Alpinestars has the data to prove it.
Marc Marquez has shown impressive speed in the early stages of the 2013 MotoGP season, but his four crashes at the Mugello Circuit in Italy earlier this week are evidence that the 2012 Moto2 World Champion is still up against a steep learning curve. During each of those crashes, Marquez was wearing his Alpinestars Tech Air (airbag) suit. Key facts from the most violent of those aforementioned crashes are listed below, and come courtesy of Alpinestars.
- Speed at time of loss of control: 209.9 Mph
- First impact with ground: 0.080 seconds after crash detection
- First impact with ground: 0.030 seconds after full airbag inflation (airbags inflated in 0.050 seconds)
- Maximum (recorded) energy in crash: 25g
- Duration of significant data during the accident: 4.250 seconds
Marquez walked away from this crash – and the others – battered and bruise, but with no serious injuries. That’s quite impressive, and says a lot about the Tech Air suit in our opinion – even more when you replay the crash footage, which can be found by clicking on the link below.